Dedicated & Professional Audiologists
The team at Geraldton Hearing & Audiology are WA locals, made up of dedicated professionals who specialise in diagnosing and treating hearing-related issues.
At Hearing & Audiology, we help individuals of all ages regain their quality of life through improved hearing.
Our skilled practitioners offer a range of services, including:
- Hearing tests
- Hearing aid fittings
- Customised hearing solutions
- Wax removal using micro-suction
- Tinnitus Assessments & Rehabilitation
We work closely with our clients to address concerns like tinnitus, hearing loss, communication difficulties, and blocked ears. Our (insert space) audiologists use cutting-edge technology to ensure accurate assessments and tailor-made treatment plans.
Whether it’s a child with developmental delays or an adult experiencing hearing loss, we provide compassionate care to enhance communication and your overall well-being.
Learn more by reaching out on (08) 9388 8003 or make an appointment online today.
What services are available?
Our Geraldton audiologists offer a variety of services to address hearing-related issues and promote better hearing health. Available options include:
Hearing Tests and Assessments: We perform comprehensive hearing evaluations to diagnose hearing problems accurately. These assessments help determine the extent and nature of the hearing loss.
Hearing Aid Fittings: We provide expert guidance on selecting and fitting hearing aids that are tailored to an individual’s specific needs. We’ll ensure the right device is chosen for the type and degree of hearing loss. We also offer hearing aid trials, giving clients the opportunity to try hearing aids in their own environment.
Tinnitus Management: We offer treatment and strategies to alleviate the symptoms of tinnitus, including counselling and sound therapy.
Custom Earplugs: For those exposed to loud environments, custom earplugs can be crafted to protect hearing from noise-induced damage. We also create custom swim plugs, custom sleep plugs, as well as custom musician’s plugs.
Pediatric Audiology: We offer services for children with hearing and developmental issues, including early intervention and auditory rehabilitation. We work closely with local GPs and ENTs to ensure that all children can hear well to learn well.
Hearing Rehabilitation: We can assist individuals in adapting to their hearing aids and provide ongoing support to ensure optimal hearing and communication.
Diagnostic Services: We conduct diagnostic tests to identify the causes of hearing loss, such as ear infections or other medical conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions About Audiologists in Geraldton
- Hearing Loss: If you or someone you know is having difficulty hearing conversations, TV, or everyday sounds, it’s a clear indication to consult an audiologist.
- Tinnitus: Persistent ringing, buzzing, or other unusual sounds in the ears may be a sign of tinnitus, which an audiologist can assess and help manage.
- Ear Pain or Discomfort: If you’re experiencing ear pain, discomfort, or pressure, it’s essential to have it examined by an audiologist to rule out underlying issues.
- Noise Exposure: If you work in a noisy environment or engage in activities with high noise levels (e.g., music concerts, or shooting sports), regular hearing check-ups can help monitor and protect your hearing.
- Speech and Language Delays (in Children): Parents should seek an audiologist’s evaluation if their child demonstrates speech and language delays or fails to respond to sounds appropriately.
- Ageing: Age-related hearing loss is common, and regular hearing check-ups become more important as you get older. For those receiving an Australian Pension, fully subsidised hearing services are available. Call 9388 8003 to check your eligibility today.
- Changes in Ear Health: If you’ve had ear infections, surgeries, or other ear-related issues, an audiologist can monitor your ear health and hearing function.
- Hearing Aid Maintenance: If you already use hearing aids, it’s essential to have them regularly checked and serviced by an audiologist to ensure optimal performance.
The duration of your appointment can vary depending on several factors, including the purpose of the visit and the services required. Here’s a general guideline for the typical duration of different types of appointments:
- Initial Consultation: An initial consultation with an audiologist often takes around 30 to 60 minutes. During this time, the audiologist will discuss your medical history, conduct a hearing assessment, and discuss your concerns or symptoms.
- Hearing Test: A hearing test or evaluation can take approximately 30 to 45 minutes, although it may be shorter or longer depending on the complexity of the test and the individual’s needs.
- Hearing Aid Fitting: If you’re getting hearing aids, the fitting process will take around 60 minutes. This includes programming the hearing aids to your individual listening needs, connecting the devices to your smart phone or other wireless accessory, and providing instructions on usage and maintenance.
- Tinnitus Assessment: Evaluating and discussing tinnitus symptoms and management options typically takes 90 minutes.
- Follow-Up Appointments: Subsequent appointments, such as adjustments to hearing aids or follow-up assessments, may be shorter and can take 15 to 30 minutes.
Call Hearing & Audiology With Your Hearing Questions
If your evaluation reveals an underlying condition, both your tinnitus and hearing loss can be properly treated to ensure your symptoms are less bothersome, and you receive the support and guidance you need to enjoy life.
To schedule a hearing test, call a member of the Hearing & Audiology team on (08) 9388 8003 or book a hearing test online today.